LMF goes to ZION!
August 8-12, 2017
Zion’s National Park, Utah
featuring special guest Nathan Pacheco
Lyceum Music Festival is moving to one of the most stunning locations in the world Zion National Park! LMF offers musicians ages 14 to 21 the rare opportunity to work with and perform alongside real music industry professionals. World-renowned tenor Nathan Pacheco joins the Festival’s world-class faculty to prepare a professional concert at the spectacular OC Tanner Amphitheater. Repertory will include the music of Aaron Copland, Ennio Morricone, Rossini, Puccini, and favorites from Nathan’s award-winning albums.
Students come from across the country to be one of the few musicians ages 14 to 21 accepted. With the Festival’s new Airport Shuttle and Lodging Option, it has never been easier for musicians flying in from across the globe to make music with our world-class faculty and guest artists. The intense musical schedule is broken up with fun activities both in and out of Zion’s National Park including amazing hikes, swimming, bonfires, plus access to zip-lines, ping pong, climbing walls, ATV’s and more! To top it all off, participants will be recording their own professional music video with special guest Nathan Pacheco for the Lyceum Philharmonic YouTube Channel. See the 2017 Schedule for full details.
We enforce a healthy honor code at the Festival that prohibits smoking, alcohol, drugs and public displays of affection. LMF requires modest dress, clean language, and strives to create an environment that is family friendly and allows students to openly practice their religious beliefs. See more in Supervision & Standards page and find out more about our sponsoring organization American Heritage School.
Lyceum Music Festival participants are admitted by audition or invitation only. You may already be eligible to enroll. See Getting Started for all the details,
YOU MAY ALREADY BE ELIGIBLE TO ENROLL!
- Returning students proceed to Online Registration. Welcome back!
- If you are a member of the American Heritage Lyceum Philharmonic, proceed to Online Registration.
- If you participated in All-State Orchestra, forward your proof of participation (concert program) via email to LyceumMusicFestival@gmail.com.
- If you received an invitation letter or email, proceed to Online Registration.
- Students must be 14-21 years of age as of Aug 1st, 2016
ADMISSION VIA AUDITION
- Schedule a live audition with Festival Director Kayson Brown. Live auditions will be held at American Heritage School in American Fork, Utah. To schedule an audition time, email LyceumMusicFestival@gmail.com.
- Record your audition and load it to YouTube or Google Drive. Email the YouTube link to LyceumMusicFestival@gmail.com.
- Send in a DVD of your audition to:
American Heritage Schoo
Lyceum Music Festival Auditions
736 North 1100 East
American Fork, Utah 84003
- Auditions should include your choice of major scale and a five minute solo. The scale should highlight your mastery of range and tone. Please play the maximum number of octaves you can play with good tone. The five minute solo or solo excerpt should demonstrate your strengths as a player, memorization preferred, accompaniment is optional. Percussionists must show proficiency on timpani and mallet instruments.
2017 INSTRUMENT AVAILABILITY
This is a symphonic orchestra festival. We have very limited openings for certain instruments and chairs are filled on a first come, first served basis. Enrollment opens Feb 15th. Please check below to see if there are still slots open in your instrument for 2017 prior to enrolling. Maximum Instrumentation (this will be updated as spots are filled):
- 1 Flute – FULL
- 1 Flute/Piccolo – FULL
- 1 Oboe – FULL
- 1 Oboe/English Horn – FULL
- 2 Clarinets – FULL
- 2 Bassoons
- 4 Horns – FULL
- 2 Trumpets – 1 opening left
- 3 Trombones
- 3 Percussion
- 1 Piano/Celeste – FULL
- 34 Violins – FULL
- 12 Violas
- 16 Cellos – FULL
- 6 Basses – 1 opening left
Standard Tuition – $699 per participant
Includes all Festival activities, transportation to and from American Fork, lodging and meals Tuesday dinner through Saturday lunch. Participants may elect to pay the total amount in full at registration or leave a $150 non-refundable deposit to save their seat in the Festival. All payments due are charged to the account on file May 31st.
Family Lodging Discount – $499 per participant
Families wishing to spend the week with their participant at Zion’s receive a $200 per participant price-reduction for making their own lodging arrangements. Families can choose from Zion Ponderosa’s many lodging options including RV hookups, tent campsites, “Glamping,” vacation homes, cabin suites, cowboy cabins, even stay in a covered wagon for the week! Participants under the age of 18 registering with the family lodging discount must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Zion Ponderosa will fill entirely during the week of LMF, please make your lodging reservations prior to enrolling.
The Family Lodging Discount option can be added or removed from your registration prior to May 31st.
Registration opens February 15th and is ongoing until filled. Registration is online via our Online Registration page. All new students must be officially accepted either by audition or invitation prior to registering. Once an instrument section is full, other applicants may be put on alternate status. See the Instrument Availability tab of our Admissions page for individual instrument availability.
LYCEUM MUSIC FESTIVAL YOUTH
July 31- August 5, 2017
The Lyceum Music Festival has an exciting option for talented young string players. String players ages 7-17 perform true symphonic masterworks with adult wind, brass and percussion. Each student receives instrument-specific instruction from a professional mentor and has the rare opportunity to play symphonic music at intermediate to advanced levels.
All participants must meet the performance standards. Enrollment is limited and is on a first–come, first–served basis. Many instrument sections will fill quickly, so we encourage you to register early. Limited scholarships are available.
Lyceum Music Festival Youth participants are admitted by audition or invitation only.